German as a Foreign Language
The Centre for Modern languages offers German language courses on various levels at its four campuses. They are geared towards the needs of
- exchange students who spend one or two semesters at Ostfalia on a non-degree basis
- international students intending to study for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, either a t Ostfalia or at any other German university.
German as Foreign Language for exchange students
Courses for exchange students who spend one or two semesters at Ostfalia on a non-degree basis are offered at all four Ostfalia campuses. These courses are tailor-made to the requirements of students from our partner universities.
They are taught for a full semester and they are free of charge for exchange students!
Furthermore, preparatory German language courses are offered prior to the beginning of the winter term. These courses are also free of charge.
Details can be found here.
German as Foreign Language for full-time international students
Students from a foreign country intending to study at Ostfalia or any other university in Germany are usually required to demonstrate their German language proficiency on a defined level. This is done by achieving a certain level of proficiency in one of the German language examinations.
Cerificates accepted for university entrance as a full time stundent
At Ostfalia all officially acknowledged German language cerificate for university entrance are accepted:
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber (DSH); level DSH-2
- TestDaF (required score 16points TDN) das Deutsche Sprachdiplom der KMK (zweite Stufe)
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom issued by the KMK (zweite Stufe)
- Prüfung zur Feststellung der Eignung ausländischer Studienbewerber/innen für die Aufnahme eines Studiums an Hochschulen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland („ Feststellungsprüfung“)
- Goethe-Zertifikat (CEFR level C2)
- " telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule"
- or proof of sufficient level of knowledge of German that has been achieved by an officially acknowledged secondary school certificate which is equivalent to the German university entrance qualification.
If you do not yet have any of the certifications listed above, you may apply to attend a DSH-preparatory course and the subsequent DSH-examination at Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences: